Thursday, May 15, 2008

clubs and sports





May 15th, 08
Well, today is Thursday and the school week is over for me. Tomorrow, early in the morning we leave for our weekend Safari. It’s been a long time since I went on a safari and I am rather excited… although in the past I remember seeing a ridiculous assortment of deer… and occasionally other things of more interest.
Yesterday, in the afternoon, the school has clubs. I really enjoyed sitting in on their drama class (which is a dance class) and their choir class. The kids killed themselves laughing at my dancing and I got quite the exuberant applause! We had a great time singing and dancing together and stayed at the school for half an hour after school was out… just hangin’ out.
Thursday in the afternoon they do sports, so I stayed around and did some photography and filming. David and I are working on some movies to let people know about the school and the work that is being done here—primarily to raise support for the project. The kids love getting their picture taken!!! Sometimes that’s a problem though being they push so close to me that it’s impossible to take a good picture of them. Then I show them the pictures on the digital camera and they laugh and laugh.
Take care folks,
Dayna
Pictures are of: My grade 2 class, kids enjoying lunch and a boy having fun with the blackboard eraser.

No comments: