Saturday, June 14, 2008

The following pictures are...

Alright: so since I can’t figure out for the life of me how to make the text wrap the way I want it to for these blogs, I decided to talk about what’s in the pictures separately.
In the hair pictures you can see: me being in pain, Theresa (one of my students) and Paxina (one of the teachers) working at my hair, burning the ends of the extensions, and the final masterpiece.
In the pictures of my classes you can see: Me singing “I’ve got the joy, joy, joy” with my grade 2s, singing “This little light of mine”, handing out flashcards, Maiwaise going up to play charades as Theresa and I watch, and Thomas looking at the fairy-tale book. One of the activities we’ve worked on this week is that my grade fours will turn to a picture in the book and then have to describe what they see, in English.
In the other pictures, you can see a bunch of women in the community making their mud bricks to make their oven. They go to collect the water, bring it back, break up the mud with hoes, throw it into moulds and then pull the mould away and let the bricks dry.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe you actually ate a caterpillar!! I think you've been over there tooooo long!!

Unknown said...

Everything you share is so intersting. I feel as though I am there myself!!It must have been very neat to see the women working so hard and yet so happily together.